October 03, 2012

MIA

I know that I have been missing lately. Not posting, and when I do, it's not usually reviews. My "excuse": SCHOOL! I am not going to elaborate to save you from boredom, but
it's going to be pretty hectic until about mid November. Until then, I am promising that I will post 3 to 4 times per week, with at least one of the posts being a review, and one being a set of links to interesting articles, reviews, books etc.

Bear with me for the moment, I will have a 3 month summer break in which some great things will be happening at The Book Slooth, including lots of reviews, bookstore and library features, giveaways, plus - lots more cool stuff that I can't talk about at the moment. They are still in the works, and if I told you, I would have to kill you. (kidding)

But, needless to say, I will be busy this (Australian) summer. P.S. Have you heard? It's supposed to be the hottest summer that we have had in years! I am so excited!

Here are some little tidbits to tide you over until the next post on (most likely) Friday.

1. Rachel Cohn has a new book that is due to come out Mid October. EW's Shelf Life provided an exclusive trailer and preview of "Beta". By the looks of the first page, it is quite exciting.


 2. I really must get around to reading The Giver by Lois Lowry.If you have not read it, then only read the first paragraph or two to avoid spoilers. via EW Shelf Life

3. It's Banned Books Week.

4. A quick interview with Shaun Tan

5. I am Super Psyched about the movie translation of "The Perks of Being a Wallflower". I have just started reading it and the trailer looks awesome! I find 0:56 and 1:18-1:28 (especially the last four or so seconds [1:24-1:28]), particularly amusing

5 comments:

Cass said...

Aw Isme, don't feel bad at all. I'm kind of in the same boat with you on that one. Uni has just been draining, and that includes when I'm actually doing work and when I procrastinate to avoid doing the work.

The temp is finally picking up. All winter I've been craving some warm days, but now that it's coming I realised that I don't do so well in the heat. And then I remember that the reason why I tend to do absolutely nothing and get nothing accomplished during summer is because it's so hot, so hot that you feel like you're in a sauna, just sitting there and sweating. Bleh. I'm just not a summer person--warm, not hot. :/

Anonymous said...

I'm really keen to read Beta, more so now than I was; it sounds like a dystopian with a really interesting twist, and hopefully it's really good!
I loved that quickfire Q&A with Shaun Tan! Thanks for sharing!

I was wondering if you would consider adding a email subscribe button? I'd love to have your posts come directly into my inbox!
Romi.x

Ismé said...

Ooh... My good old friend Procrastination, I am glad to see that you have met her too!
I myself used to be a winter fiend, dreading summer - and the long hot days that accompany it. But recently I switched, go Team Summer! (I know, crazy right??)

Bleh does seem to be a really good word though!

Ismé said...

Thank you for the email subscription button, I subscribe to yours too!

I am always on the lookout for Shaun Tan stuff, he comes from Perth, I love his work, and he is very nice. I met him at the library with school one time, I got to see all his early drawings. The detail was just astonishing.

Isme

Anonymous said...

Sorry, I meant that I couldn't find the gadget on your blog that allows people to subscribe via email- I currently RSS your blog, but generally prefer email subscribe and wondered if you were able to add the "email subscribe" add on to your blog so I could switch.

That must've been amazing- I've loved his work for a very long time, it's so beautiful! He released a set of 4 notebooks with illustrations from The Bird King and I've splurged and bought 3 of them! I guess I have to find a use for the 4th before I buy it too! (Have you read The Bird King? It's incredible.)

And thank you! I'm thrilled to hear that you subscribe to my blog!
Romi.xxx

Other Posts you might Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...